10 Metaphors Explaining Why I Can No Longer Love You
1. You bleach your teeth with venom to look pleasing while you kill. My lips are eating away at themselves. These are the chemicals of your poison reacting with mine.
2. You set your lungs on fire, when your thoughts strain your limbs, to burn breaths out of your life. You press your mouth on mine, begging for my oxygen. My lungs do not hold the breaths you’ve burnt. I do not have to breathe for anyone but myself.
3. There are pieces of our ghosts in the spaces between us. The ghosts in your dark rooms have found their way into mine.
4. You look for a brighter light but find a darker tunnel. To you, everything seems out of reach. It’s not your hands that will get you there.
5. I stutter and you shame my tongue for slipping on itself. You fail to realize the irony of your discomfort as my fingers shake.
6. I scan my body and see yours. You’ve disposed me of myself. I do not exist.
7. I was generous enough to share the privacy of my own thoughts. You said poetry is just another excuse for people to stop making sense and not have to feel bad about it. I still regard you as art.
8. I fuck for the speechlessness. You fuck for the screams.
9. There is a blue birth mark on your shoulder and vines down the backs of your thighs. Needles prodded blue skulls into your back and there is a picture of the swelling underneath the red dress in your trunk. Dresses come in many different colours. Mine are black.
10. Where are you?"
Alessia Di Cesare, 10 Metaphors Explaining Why I Can No Longer Love You (via featherumbrellas)
F. Scott Fitzgerald (via futurepharaohs)
seeing lesbians defend bi women and bi women defend lesbians on this website makes my heart happy
seeing women defend women makes me happy
Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms (via aiux)
So I follow my aunties on pintrest for like sharing recipes and stuff but today one of them posted this gif:
and they’re all commenting like “the perfect man” and “what all women want ;)” and stuff like that
And I’m over here laughing my ass off because that’s gay porn star, Austin Wolf. This gif is from a gay porno. Like, literally 5 seconds after this moment, he has a cock in his mouth.
e.g. (via ace-enjolras)
You are not worthless.
You are not a “mistake.”
You are not better off dead.
You are not “disgusting and fat.”
You are not “a waste of space.”
You are more important than you give yourself credit for.
You are a great person with a meaningful life.
You are a human who is here for a reason.
You are strong enough to get through this.
You are worth nothing but positivity.
And if you wondering if anyone cares about you well..
If corals get stressed they die, so if I was coral I would be dead
what do coral even get stressed about
guys, i work at an aquarium and my coworkers and i have literally laughed at this for three days straight. everytime we pass each other we whisper “current events” and crack up. our customers think we are nuts.